You’ve probably already seen that a number of groups are receiving donations via Amazon Smile. What is Amazon Smile? This is from their FAQs”
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop onAmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
Sounds great, right? You can learn more about getting setup here.
This post assumes you are already registered as a charity, but would like to make it as easy as possible for people to select your organization as their charity of choice. (It will not explain how to get set up as a charity – please follow the instructions on the AmazonSmile website.)
1. First, find your organization by following this link: https://org.amazon.com/npo/search/ref=org_sls_rlp_btnr_prt
For this demo, I’m going to use Rescue Well as an example. As they are already set up as a charity, it’s easy to find them.
2. Copy down the number next to “EIN”. Be careful not to copy/paste extra spaces!
3. Replace the highlighted numbers in the following code snippet with your EIN:
4. Add an image to your website and add this the link. (Reminder: set it to open in a new tab!) If you are using WordPress, it will look like this:
5. Remember to test your image. Here’s an example to try:
If you are logged in to Amazon and currently support another group, it will ask you if you want to change to Rescue Well:
Now, it’s up to you to promote it across all platforms! Remember, if you share the URL directly it’s easier on the ready if you shorten it first. If you don’t know about bit.ly yet, it’s time to visit the website. Good luck!